Thursday, March 11, 2010

Let's Stick With Multiple Choice

So I was sitting on the couch, going over my daughter's homework with her, last night... Let me interject here that she is in first grade - which is good, b/c this means I am still able to help her with her homework, as opposed to it being way over my head.

Anyway, we were looking at some Q&A stuff she had done: ya know, read the paragraph and then answer 3 or 4 questions about the story. It's 1st grade, so of course it's simple stuff: "Jack felt sick. His tummy was hurting. He told his mom, and she took him to the doctor.... yadda yadda yadda." It was about six sentences long.

As I checked her answers, I started to feel so proud of her, "Check it out. My 'Goob' is so smart!"

Question 1: correct.

Question 2: correct.

Question 3: correct. :)


And then I get to Question 4...

It wasn't multiple choice like the previous questions. It was a discussion question. And I looked at what Gabi had written, and the answer just didn't seem to make sense with the question. It was something along the lines of, "Why did Jack's stomach hurt?" And it looked like my daughter had written "Due" as her answer. Sometimes Gabi doesn't always spell things correctly, so I asked her, "What's this say? D-u-e?"

Her reply: "Duhhhhhhhh!" - accompanied by 'that look' and everything

She was trying to write "duh" as her answer to the question. I couldn't help but burst out laughing!

I finally composed myself and explained that I didn't think her teachers would appreciate that as her answer...

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! She TOTALLY got that from me!!! Sorry I taught her that word! But that is probably the funniest thing I have ever heard. "She get it from her Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you, she does get it from her Auntie! You're lucky I'm not closer to teach Eban a thing or two!! Just wait... I'm gonna be one day, though!

    ReplyDelete