Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 5

If someone had told me I would one day be writing with much enthusiasm at the thought of my son making it FIVE days in a row with No Time Out at school, I don't think I would have believed it... Christian is the one with the big heart. He's the one that sits down beside me and tells me he loves me "just because." He isn't supposed to be the hellion!

That's Christian At Home; Christian At School, however, is a whole other child that I must not know. For quite a while now he's been in timeout, let's see.... EVERY DAY!! If he isn't fighting with pretend swords and guns, he's not following directions - at least he mixes it up from time to time.

Recently I've been trying to do better at commending him for doing well - which means special surprises and such for every day he's managed to keep his fanny out of the T.O. chair. His prizes have included: toy cars (which I can usually find at Kroger for $1), a random action figure at Target, a book from Barnes & Noble or Borders, and (the big one) a trip to see How to Train Your Dragon - which I thought was really cute, btw.

So far I think this plan of action is working (must be: FIVE DAYS). And, although I am very proud, I think I may go broke if he keeps it up!

Ooops...

No comments:

Post a Comment