Thursday, March 25, 2010

"I'm Sorry For Annoying You"

Is that really the text I got from Husband#2??

And here I was, worrying I wouldn't have anything to write about... Ask and ye shall receive!

Yes, this is the text I received from wonderful Husband#2, in response to me telling him I feel like he tries to control me and what I do. All I wanted, after a long day at work, was some of my newly acquired favorite broccoli cheddar soup that only Panera Bread knows how to make right (I tried making it on my own the other night - my 2nd attempt - and it still didn't taste "right").

"Okay, well I gotta run... I have about 30 minutes to eat before I have to go pick up the kids," I said after a 10 minute convo on nothingness.

"Oh. What are you gonna eat?" <--the tone is of vital importance here, but I can't convey it properly, so why try...

Me: "My Panera." (all chipper and happy like)

Husband#2: "Oh....... Um...... Didn't... you... just... go to WalMart the other day? I mean, didn't you buy FOOD. What did you buy??"

Oh. No. He. Didn't.

I know he didn't just go there. I know he didn't just ask me that AGAIN - especially not after he already asked me that same question when I told him how much I spent there on the day of. - not after I went through and detailed out my shopping list for him in a very sarcastic, "are you kidding me right now??" tone the other day, just to get the point across. - not when HE is going out to eat EVERY SINGLE NIGHT in Pennsylvania. - not when I know zip about what HE buys and does five days a week up there. - not when HE spends more in one sitting (going out and drinking) than my two kids and I spend in our one meal.

Is it too late to say, "Don't get me started" ??

"What did I buy... Well, let's see... The kids were out of shampoo, so I thought I'd go ahead and get them some. My toner/face wash stuff is low, so I went ahead and got that, too. Oh, and I ran out of the cotton balls - had to get those. Um, let me think... We had no toilet paper - had to get it. And no trash bags either. I mean, I can keep going if you'd like, or maybe you'd like me to break it down even further when I get home and can look around and make sure I got everything."

I don't like being interrogated. - especially when I'm working, too. And even more so when I rarely do much of anything for/with my kids (as far as spending money goes).

Why is it okay for him to question what I'm doing when HE'S got the anonymity thing going on up there in PA? Do I request a copy of his AmEx bill and verify purchases with him? Do I ask why he dares to withdrawal $20 or $40 from the ATM every few days??

No. I don't. And I don't appreciate it being done to me. Nor would I want to do that to someone. I'm no detective, and neither is he - so I wish he'd stop acting like it. Or maybe he should consider a career change.

So, yes, that was the text I got. That was my deep, heart-felt apology. No "I'm sorry" for anything HE did - but "I'm sorry for annoying you."

Nice.

3 comments:

  1. I think that you should sit down and make him go over his amex bill and what not. Put it into perspective for him. Make it a point.

    ReplyDelete