Thursday, February 3, 2011

Everything's Okay, But...

THAT is how the lady with my children's afterschool care program should have started her conversation with me on the phone.

But, no.

She didn't.

THIS is how the conversation went, instead:

Moi: "Hello?"

RA: "Yeah... Is this.... uh! I don't even know who I'm calling for.... I guess... Lopez??"

Moi: "Yes. That's my children's last name."

RA: "Ok. This is 'so-n-so' with aftercare. for Gabriella."

[Right about here is where some reassurance that my children were okay should have taken place.]

RA: "Yeah, she... We... They need to be picked up by 4:30. We're shuttin' down."

Moi: "Oh.... Ok..."

RA: "Because of the weather. They need to be picked up."

Moi: "Oh. Okay. That's... That's fine... I was just starting to get a little worried there..." <--My hint that Rude Ass should have begun the convo a little differently.

RA: "Yeah. There isn't even a name listed here. Like for the parent..... Unless it's this... Camille.... Mow-something?"

Moi: "Yes. That's me. I'm their mother."

RA: "Oh. Well they need to be picked up by 4:30."


I'm not sure she made it clear.... What time do they need to be picked up???

No comments:

Post a Comment