Friday, January 28, 2011

Body Image

I am *ubber* excited right now (and I must be, because I never use the word "ubber" in my vocabulary, otherwise)...

I posted on my Facebook status that I want to do a photoshoot series titled "Body Image" and requested anyone interested in being one of my models send me a message.

Within SECONDS my inbox (and my phone) went nuts!! I had so many more people interested than I imagined would be!

And when I explained to them that this would be an "artsy" shoot - and not your average portrait session - they were STILL on board. Yay!!

I was inspired by an idea I threw by Ami at the end of our first 7SINS shoot we did a few weeks ago... She was already post makeup, and I just wanted to play around with the mirrors I had gotten for our first sin, Pride. Here's what sparked Body Image:


I think there are too many women out there who are so judgemental about their own bodies, and they don't see their beauty. I imagine we ALL have our "flaws" and bumps and scars we hide. No one is perfect... and that's where true perfection begins. Accepting who you are and loving every curve!

Also, there are vast numbers of girls/women out there who post these half naked photos of themselves on the internet, and that's All it looks like to me: That they're half naked. And it CAN be done in an artsy way, so it just kills me....

Why "model" in an itty bitty polk-a-dot bikini, standing there with your hands by your side & one knee popped??

Come on. You can do better.

And that photographer can do better.

Put some creativity in it, PLEASE!

Let's make some ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment