Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh, And It Gets Better...

When I picked the kids up from Father of the Year on Sunday, Gabi practically leaped from the car in excitement to tell me their new motivation for "staying on green" that their father had come up with.

"Oh. Yeah, I guess I need to tell you, since it involves you," he says.

FOTY promised the kids I {Yes, I} would dish out $5 a week for each child if they would stay on green, keep their room clean, brush their teeth, shower, etc.... an allowance, basically.

Let me interject: I don't mind doing for my kids. They are my children. I love them. I want to everything I can for them.

But Seriously?!.

FOTY promised them that I would give them money??

Without consulting me first.

What is going on up there??

And by "there" I mean the spot where most individuals house a brain.

FOTY owes me two months worth of child support... and he promises my kids I will give them money.

Where does he presume this money is going to come from exactly??

And, of course, I didn't want to belittle him in front of them and his wife and stepson...

I found myself almost glad that Gabi came home on yellow yesterday (not the good color), because I don't know how I'm going to keep this promise that was made for me to my children.

Find the good, Camille.

Find the good.

The only positive thing that came from this is that Christian finally came home on green yesterday. But, honestly, I think that has more to do with his teacher, because we had a phone conference about a new method she's going to try implementing for his behavior.

That's all I have to say.

moo humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment