Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kids... Need I Say More?

So I just got back from lunch with my Gooby... I tell ya, you can learn all kinds of things at lunch with a 2nd grader!

For starters, Ethan has five girlfriends. Yes, FIVE. {They start young, don't they??} And two of his girlfriends are 1st graders; one of which is apparently named "French Jessica".

Me: "I think you mean Francesca."
Gabi: "No. It's French Jessica."
Me: "But, Gabi... That's not a name. I'm sure it's Francesca."
Gabi: [half sighing & blushing] "Whatever."


[mental note: Gabi needs to stay away from Ethan]

Gabi also pointed out the little boy... I mean, 2nd grader... that her Kindergarten brother beat up at after school care one day. [sigh... My son's a bully]

Then she showed me who Garrett is.

Apparently, Garrett is my daughter's boyfriend.

Me: "So... What makes him your boyfriend?"
Gabi: "Because he asked me." [duh, mom] "He's funny... and sweet... and he said I can do whatever I want."
Me: "What do you mean?"
Gabi: "He asked me to be his girlfriend... I asked if I can do whatever I want... and he said 'yes'."

I guess my daughter's got it like that.

I didn't get to meet this intelligent young lad, as we were leaving when his class was entering the cafeteria, but I do have this picture that Gabi drew of the new couple:

Gabi & Garrett

I gotta be honest, I thought my child was a little vain when I first saw her masterpiece.

Me: "Oh... Y'all are 'hott' huh?"

But then she explained to me (fanning herself and panting), "No, we're hot - like HOT."

I see the sweat dripping now...

No comments:

Post a Comment