Friday, May 13, 2011

idiot

I had intended on writing a completely different rant, but when in the moment: What do you do??


What

do

you

do

?

When I say I'm over people, I don't mean I'm over EVERYONE - just ignorant people. And, yes, I'm using my own personal definition of the word as my guide.

And, for the record, if you think this post is about You, then odds are, you're probably right. 

No, you may not have been what fueled it this time... But there's a good chance you have in the past (or you will in the future). And you probably need someone to tell you that you're an idiot, too. 

YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

I'm actually doing you a favor. I mean, how on Earth will you know otherwise?? 

Everyone else has probably told you your whole life that you're right - or has at least appeased your way of thinking, in turn making you think you have a clue in your brain. 

But I'm here to tell you... You don't.

And, no, I can't tell you why you're an idiot. I'd like to throw out a "I guess you were just born that way" - but that's probably not true. Not completely. 

It's not your fault. I don't blame you - not for that, at least.

I'm sure it has been ingrained in you your whole life, and you know no different. What I do "blame" you for (for lack of a better word) is continuing to be ignorant.

idiot.

If I have to pretend I fit into the small-minded mold that is You in order to gain your friendship, then I feel for you... Deep inside, yours must truly be a lonely soul. Because no one - NO ONE - will ever be enough to enrich your life. Not your spouse. Not your children. Not even your own mother. There isn't one single being that believes exactly as you do, but you would rather close the door on anything that is "different" than exhaust yourself by seeing the good.

I realize it's a daunting task to step outside Yourself and find value in those that were not cloned from your essence. Like I said, you were probably conditioned Not To.

Just know that in barricading yourself, we all lose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment