Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Part 1: Call it Intuition, God or Jiminy Cricket.

I've come to learn that I should have listened to that Voice inside me more in the past. It's strange and miraculous how it works, if you think about it - but it does work (which I guess is the miraculous part).

You know that Voice. I know you do. It's the silent screams that tell you, "You shouldn't be here" when you've gotten yourself into a bad situation. Or maybe it encourages and urges you on when you start to doubt yourself: "You got this! Just go for it!"

My poor Voice has been neglected and silenced more times than I care to remember... or admit... maybe, especially admit.

But no matter how stubborn and defiant I've been - or how many times I've glossed over the signs because they weren't as I had planned - It's still with me.

And one fun feature Our Voice has is a radar for people. I'm not talking about your Gaydar (which I think must have a few kinks in, because there are a few exes I swear need to come out of the closet.... but that's another post entirely).

I'm talking about that split-second decision of an impression you get when you meet someone for the first time. Not the overwhelmingly interested one, where you feel drawn to someone (though that one's pretty cool, too). I'm talkin about the other one: The immediate repulsion you can taste with all your senses just being around someone. And it comes over you for no real reason at all. You just know that you don't like someone, and you don't necessarily know why.

I love that feeling.

Well, not the actual feeling itself - I generally feel a little guilty for being so judgemental prior even having anything to judge - but the notion that it's there to begin with. I believe it to be there for a reason... to protect us... and I love that.

Which leads me to: Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment