Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Movies That Did NOT Make the Cut

Step Up 3(D)


I love dance movies more than any 29 year old should admit (you know, cause they're usually centered around teens... for some reason - I swear we can still move like *that* at *our age*). But, Step Up 3(D), you have failed me.

Forego the fact that the movie just didn't "flow" and the story line was "eh" .... Even the dancing was hard to watch on its own. I think it was too "choreographed for 3D" to be impressive at home. Sure, there was some good stuff in there - but I look for AMAZING! I want to be WOW'd. I want to feel it in my soul, just watching them dance. And that just didn't happen. :(


Also, can I just add: The main hottie, Rick Malambri, just does NOT "fit" - I'm sorry, but he just doesn't look *right* with his hat kicked to the side. I'm not buying it. Maybe it's his acting - I don't know - but he just looked awkward/uncomfortable.


Love & Distrust

Painful.

Painful is the word I'd use to describe watching this movie. I admit, I didn't even make it all the way through to see all the "stories" - yes, it was that bad. I kept hoping the lives of the 8 strangers would somehow be entangled in some 6 Degrees kinda way (and maybe I didn't make it far enough into the movie to find out).

I think I originally rented it b/c Rob was in it, but I'm not even sure he spoke in this movie. I think he just looked at the ground and whenced and smiled here and there - which I guess is sort of his definition of "acting" anyway.... I'm sorry to say, but I prefer him as a 100-something year old vampire lusting after what could be his great granddaughter.

Painful.

Just Painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment