Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Painting EXTRAVAGANZA!!

Last weekend my new {& wonderful} friends came over for a Painting EXTRAVAGANZA.

- yes, that word MUST be in ALL CAPS, as I feel like it must be SHOUTED any time it's used -

So back to the EXTRAVAGANZA:

Mitra, Mina, Lil & B joined Gabi, Christian & I for some painting fun. We decided on a fish theme, in hopes that everyone (even our Boy) could get into it. I was attempting to make it like an Easely Amused / Cocktails & Canvas class (minus the cocktails... kiddos were present), but I customized each piece for the individual artist(s) with his/her initial. 

I don't think I succeeded, though. 

I ended up taking too long to draw everyone's letter and koi (our chosen fish), and my class got hungry.

On top of that, I think I made the pictures too difficult for the lil' ones, as they were pretty much over it after the background color was painted. They retreated to the den to watch Beetle Juice while the "grownups" stayed and painted. 

All & All, though... I loved it, and I think the kids' paintings turned out so cute!!


No comments:

Post a Comment