Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gimme A Break

"Gimme a break... Gimme a break... Break me off a piece of that KIT! KAT! BAR!"

Okay. Totally not where I intended to go with this, but my mind does that {frequently}... I hear/say/think a word and then BAM! A jingle or phrase pops in there and takes off in another direction entirely!

No, what I meant was: an actual break. I need a break. I'm just about exhausted - yes, with people, in general. But also physically, emotionally, mentally... (is there another "-ally" I'm missing??) 

And I say this next bit at risk of sounding like I'm approaching 100:  I swear, it seems like the older I get, the faster time is moving. The days go by quicker, and I don't even remember when April got here - and already it's the 20th??!! 

I've not even hit 30, and already I am a granny... 
I go to bed when my kiddos do {somewhere between 8 and 9 - though I'd prefer even earlier}. I crochet and sew. I don't really go out or get into much, 'cept "my stories" {which I rarely get to catch b/c I'm busy chasing youngins and going to bed before it's good and dark out}. My idea of a nice time is relaxing and watching movies or working on some artsy trade. I don't do sunbathing - or sunanything, really. Yeah, I'm pretty much anti-sun {I'm a redhead; I have a good excuse}. I'm irritable with people and their "opinions" more and more lately {not sure if that's the red hair or the age}.

But.

I don't *willingly* get up at 5AM, though. When I start that bit, I think I'll just go ahead and dye my hair grey and call it a Life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment