Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hazwoper Personnel Needed

In my search for a job in MS I came across this posting on Craigslist.


The title reads "Hazwoper Personnel Needed". I'm always leery about postings: not sure if they're real or some twisted sort of SCAM (Please tell me what kind of kicks people get out of fake Craigslist posts?? I just don't get it).

Anyway, I have never heard of a Hazwoper - and think it's a funny word - so I googled this "Hazwoper" business, and yes... It is an actual word. er. title. Whatever. Let me share my findings:

• HAZWOPER is an acronym for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. It refers to five types of hazardous waste operations conducted in the United States under OSHA Standard 1910.120 "Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response. ...

blah blah blah - you learn something new every day.

And, no, I will not be applying for a position as a Hazwoper - in case anyone was curious. But I might use the word as some kind of bad name to call my closest friends/family.

Class ajourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment